Thursday, February 7, 2008

Diet or Fuel....?

I am growing more and more frustrated by weight loss or lack there of. For over 2 years, I followed the WW points system only to continue gaining while running 20-25 mpw and crosstraining for a total of 6 days a week...and was hungry all the time! Recently I changed to follow the Nancy Clark guide for Marathoners. While I love being able to eat more and fuel my runs and xtrain days better, I have yet to loose a pound!

My body fat ratio has dropped in the last year, and even more so in the past 3 months - and to look in the mirror, I see a more lean me - but the scale still laughs at me daily! My mom calls me rugged! which is defined as: Having a sturdy build or strong constitution. hmmmmm. Is this good?

I have come to terms over the last few months with fueling my workouts and forgetting the scale, yet there are times (like weighing in at the docs) that the number on that scale just grates on my nerves. I even told the thyroid doc that his scale LIES! He just laughed at me and went on to explain how it was simply "a snapshot of the moment and not the full story" and "look how far I've come"...blah blah. :)

So for now, I'll continue to fuel my runs as I feel better during them... and I'll get on that stupid scale ....and I'll huff thru my shower knowing that the scale is laughing at me!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Understandably frustrating. But remember, body fat % is more important than lbs. I know a couple of women who are technically overweight, but have less than 20% body fat (and I'm being generous there) and are INCREDIBLY fit.